When I found a recipe for cheesy slow cooker potatoes on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to pair it with chicken breast. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do with it, but I eventually settled on baking it with a dry rub. This should be prefaced by me saying that cooking meat scares me, and this fear is nearly irrational when it comes to chicken. I’m always afraid I’ll undercook it, and somehow contaminate my entire kitchen in the process. Thankfully I haven’t had any real meat cooking blunders, but I’m always much more comfortable with non-meat meals.
Anyway, this is super easy, and aside from taking the chicken out of the package and putting the spices on it, there really isn’t anything else you need to do. The chicken breasts I picked up were a little on the thick side, so I pounded them out a bit (with my fist, since I don’t have a meat tenderizer – classy) before adding the spices. I think this would be perfect sliced and over a salad, or maybe with some Mexican rice. The possibilities are endless!
Easy Baked Chicken
– Serves 4 –
4 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp adobo
1 tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. If needed, pound out the chicken. Mix together all of the spices.
3. Take about a teaspoon of the spice mixture and rub it on each side of the chicken breast. If you have some left over at the end you can spread it across the chicken as you see fit.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray. Add the chicken to the sheet.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven), flipping at the half-way point.